4.30.2011

what i am not saying



Past 1% change updates:

1. The Elliptical - we hit a snag. I was doing great. I was so impressed with my own resolve and gained endurance, and then Tuesday I made myself finish out the last 30 minutes even though I thought I might end up losing my right foot. My toes were numb and the soles of both my feet were burning. SO I worked out at home with corny workout videos just so I'd be doing something in order to give my feet a break and to figure out how to fix the problem. I am glad to report that I have missed the elliptical. I really have.

2. Gluten and sugar free for a week - I did quite well. However, I did not even try Easter Sunday. I had two homes in which I would be sharing a meal and I was not about to bring my own food or request a menu change so I ate some glutened dishes and I chose to have a small slice of chocolate cake. The rest of the week I did great, except for the 2 Ritz crackers I ate at BSF when I was taking care of the toddlers {I plumb forgot about my own challenge.} and the chocolate Easter candy I ate when I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't go to the elliptical {Try making sense out of that one. I know!} Other than that I rocked it and I impressed myself. So I am going to continue the challenge. {After I eat a cinnamon roll from Knaus Berry Farm. They are closing up shop until November people!}





Jessi over at Naptime Diaries has challenged her friends and readers with a new challenge this week in her 1% change campaign. She asked her readers these questions, "What is the thing you've struggled with that you've stopped talking to the Lord about? Maybe you don't talk to the Lord about anything, why not start? If we have a loving Father who wants His absolute best for us, why do we stop asking Him for help? Why do we stop telling Him what's on our hearts?" 


I let her know that this is my favorite challenge yet. These very things she brings up are so true for myself. I definitely keep things from Him. Not in the way of a child trying to cover up a mistake or a friend trying to keep a secret. I just don't think to go "there" in my prayers because it never really occurred to me that I needed to. And if it had occurred to me then the right words or approach seemed to be lost on me so I never put in much effort.


But when I think of these things that I am not talking to Him about. These things that I am not searching His heart on. I realize how deeply they affect me and how much they weigh me down and I am truly dumbfounded that I simply never put in much thought about it before Jessi posed the questions.  So I am really going to make an effort each day to start uncovering those places in my heart that I've kept hidden from Him for such a long time. I am really excited about this 1% change because in my experience with God, He is always so faithful to listen and tend to a sincere cry for being known, challenged, and changed.

 
 

No comments: