Jessi over at Naptime Diaries has suggested committing to a time sensitive challenge for the better to see how it makes us feel and how it improves our quality of life for this week's 1% change. So I have two huge changes that I am going to make...
I have fought with myself over the idea of going sugar free for forever. I am addicted to sugar. It has been proven to be more addictive than cocaine! Hence, the reason it has been a really hard decision to cut it out of my diet. But I think it's for the best and I have to go cold turkey. I am going to go refined sugar free for one week to see how I feel, but I'd like to make it much longer than that.
I am also going to go gluten free. I have had my suspicion regarding this one for awhile. I don't feel well most of the time and most meals and snacks consist of something with gluten in it, so I am going to just test this one out for one week also. I think I will need to do it longer in order to really see if that's what makes me feel less than awesome all the time.
I'd really like to make these changes for a longer period of time, but I am honestly afraid I will fail, so I am going to take it one week at a time! And allow me to give a disclaimer, refined sugar or no refined sugar I will have the occasional piece of dark chocolate. End. of. story.
My first 1% change is going well and I am still on the wagon. I went to the gym faithfully this week and even increased my time on the elliptical. Holla!


No comments:
Post a Comment