4.19.2011

"kindred spirits"

{I've dreamt of meeting her all my life. -Anne of Green Gables}

I have a dear, sweet friend who really is a kindred spirit. She and I met in the lobby of the old education building on UCF's campus. I was reading at one of the tables before class and noticed she was seated at the next table reading my favorite book. I waited for her to close the book and then I said, "I noticed you're reading Redeeming Love and that is my favorite book in the world and I just have this feeling we should be friends." We chatted it up for a little while and then discovered we would share a class that semester. We hit it off quite nicely and started talking and hanging out quite a bit. In no time at all, I knew that she and I would be friends forever.


She is just as lovely and beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She is a naturally positive and joyful person and it comes from a deep faith in Christ. She prays often and it shows in her calm, peaceful approach to life. She is an incredible encourager and challenger in my walk of faith and I value her words more than she knows. 

We relate extremely well in our views on life, love, family, and faith. She is a fellow teacher and we could talk for hours about our passion for our calling and our students. That's why we get on so easily. We also really like to cut up, joke around, dance our fanny's off, and {window}shop til we drop.

{But I have a feeling we're going to get along really well. -Anne of Green Gables} 

 

The bottom picture above is Cynthia and I hanging out in the education lobby where we first met.

Another really fun tidbit about our friendship is that our Misters get along famously and if we were to live in the same city the four of us could hang out all the time and be really happy about it. I got to be there with her and for her when she fell in love with her husband and I will never forget the  first dates, listening to voice mails over and over from him, interpreting e-mails, and all of the giddy excitement that goes with falling in love. She and I both sang the same song at the other's wedding and I cherish the memories of both of our wedding days.

As of now we are a few states apart, but we talk about living in the same city one of these days. Whether that be when we are young and raising kids together or old and gray and rocking on the porch talking about the good ol' days, I'll take it and I'll never stop hoping and praying for it!

Happy Birthday, Cynthia! I love you, my friend and kindred spirit. May this day and this year be filled with blessing.

P.S. If you click on the picture collage it will open in a new window much bigger.

{True friends are always together in spirit. -Anne of Green Gables}

2 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

This is so sweet! Happy birthday to Cynthia!

I loved Anne of Green Gables when I was younger! I always wanted to find my own Diana and Gilbert Blythe!

P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog that you should check out!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love that collage, you and your friend (soul mate) are beautiful!
Happy Birthday to her