I do not possess one single athletic bone in my body and not once when I was growing up did I take part in any sporting event, whether it be a little league or P.E., with any kind of enthusiasm. I also have never been one to spend time in a gym. Just never have. However, now that I am getting older, my metabolism is slowing down, and I want to be a healthy mom who sets a good example for her kid's one day I have decided it is high time to get my butt in the gym.
Jessi over at Naptime Diaries has started this movement and I'd really like to get in on the action. It's called 1% change and the idea is to improve your life by taking one little step at a time. I like that.
So this week my 1% change had to do with a huge fear. The gym. It scares me. I don't know what it is about that place, but I am so incredibly intimidated by it. I feel like the minute I walk in everyone in there is going to know that I'm a newbie and that if I were to get on the treadmill I could very well pass out from my lack of "being in shape" and all.
So I didn't go near the treadmill.
I got on the elliptical and I liked it. So my goal for the week was 3 trips to the gym to get on the elliptical for 45 minutes and I. Did. It!
I think this is a great idea/movement. Won't you join us in making a little 1% change to change your life for the better?

2 comments:
From one non-gym girl to another... GOOD FOR YOU!!! :)
Add me to list of non-gym people but I am working out at Curves...it's not so intimidating! Good for you and your 1% change !
Post a Comment