4.12.2011

you're welcome


A few weeks ago I hosted my sister's bridal shower. I made these delicious chocolate covered peanut butter truffles and it would be rude of me not to share the recipe because they.were.incredible.

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup creamy peanut butter {I used Jif.}
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
6 ounces semisweet chocolate {word to the wise -- get a whole lot more than that.}




Mix the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar well...it needs to be really creamy. Try not to make as much of a mess as my friend and I did when we made them; insert Ethel and Lucy moment here.




Line a baking pan with wax paper.
Do yourself a favor and get a melon scooper. It's perfect for portion size
 and it's makes the balling go a whole lot smoother and quicker.



We had to get a bit creative here because the baking pan wouldn't fit in my freezer. I ran to the garage to get some cardboard boxes and we cut them to fit the freezer shelves to give our wax paper support. The peanut butter balls need a good 30 minutes to freeze well. When it comes time to dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate you are only going to want to take a few out of the freezer at a time because they get gooey fast. Once they are gooey there is no easy way of giving them a proper chocolate dipping.  


Once they have been dipped into melted chocolate place them back onto wax paper on a baking pan and place them in the fridge. These do not have to stay refrigerated, but they tasted better and lasted longer if they did.



I put the truffles in these cute little boxes that I found on clearance at Michael's, spruced them up with a bit of ribbon, and placed them in the entryway/exit for people to enjoy as a thank you gift for coming to the shower.  


Evidence as to why I received many a phone call after the shower to a.) find out if they were homemade and to b.) find out if I'd be willing to share the recipe.

FYI in order to fill all of those favor boxes I had to triple the recipe. And to be completely honest I have no idea how much chocolate we went through, but it was a lot more then what the recipe called for for sure.

These were so delicious! I am happy to do a taste test when you whip up your own batch.

1 comment:

The Gonzalez Family said...

Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be trying them out one of these days!