4.18.2011

the beginning of a book study


I just started reading the book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp with some friends and friends of friends through a facebook group/community. We just started yesterday and I am pumped about the study and the concept of the book. I am really looking forward to having dialogue with these ladies about the importance of thankfulness and how the regular practice of gratitude plays out in our every day lives. I think this is going to be powerful stuff and I can't wait to feel the impact. The author, Ann Voskamp, has an inspiring blog that I like to read. She has given us a great resource to use while we read the book and make gratitude more of a natural response than something we have to do after a birthday, shower, or Christmas when we sit down to write our thank-you cards. Go here and after you read her blog post you will see the link for the handy dandy printable.

I had trouble printing it. If you have trouble like I did try this:

Go to the File drop menu and click on Print Setup. Then choose landscape for the paper orientation.



Stay in Page Setup and select Paper quality. Click on the little box that says Borderless Printing. Then click okay and print and you should be good to go.



I've got a journal to write down the gifts that I am grateful for each day, but I thought this little booklet would be fun to have in my purse to jot down whatever comes to me wherever I'm at. Plus, it's so darn cute. And I don't mind transferring my gifts from the booklet to my journal. There certainly can't be any harm in a review!

I am joining Ann and many other bloggers in Multitudes on Mondays, in which we share the many blessings God has gifted us with throughout the week. I only have one day of this practice under my belt, but I just can't wait to get started; I am so excited about it! I don't know how I will normaly post this, but for today I will include what I recorded yesterday.

1.Good morning kisses
2. Conversation as we get ready for church
3. Spending time in worship with a great church community
4. Watching my very favorite movie with Andrew (he's so sweet to endure it)
5. A tidy house
6. The facebook study group for One Thousand Gifts
7. Having my family over for dessert and the latest Disney movie







1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love reading your list! :)

I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog during Holy Week! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

Celebrating His resurrection,
Melanie