4.20.2011

a cheerful heart


I went to BSF this morning and was delighted to spend time with my friend, Lisa. I learned today is her birthday so I had to come home and do a post for her! She is a real breath of fresh air! Our dads actually grew up together and used to race cars back in the day. So we spent some time playing together in our youth when our dads got together.

Then we ended up being in the same BSF group together! God is so kind to us. He knew I needed a friend like her. It has been such a joy to get reacquainted!

It is so fitting that today is Lisa's birthday after much of the content in our BSF lesson and lecture this week. We discussed the way that those who love the Lord and spend time abiding in His Word and in prayer seeking His heart reflect His peace, joy, humility, wisdom, etc. That is a description of Lisa. She has this way about her that you have no doubt she has been with the Lord and draws from Him for peace and wisdom. She has a cheerful heart that is good medicine for me on the days I need some encouragement. {Proverbs 17:22} She is shamelessly open about her faith, which can't be easy for her to do as she dons her pink hard hat in the construction world each day. I am really proud of her and inspired by her for her bold, yet gentle outspoken faith.

Lisa, I hope you have had a wonderful birthday! Love you!

{As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. -Proverbs 27:17}



No comments: