12.04.2010
happy birthday
I feel like the term “mother in law” is often spoken with a negative tone. There is always an assumption when you say those words that there is some sort of tension or annoying dynamic associated with the relationship. Often the mother in law figure in tv sitcoms is made out to be a monster or an overbearing, controlling woman who refuses to respect the wife of her son. I have a lot of friends who tell me stories about their mother in laws that line up with these stereotypes so I know these things happen and that the funny things we laugh at in sitcoms have a foundation in many a family’s truth. However, I am a very blessed daughter in law.
My mother in law has always been very warm and welcoming to me. She is for sure one of my most favorite people in this world and I love spending time with her. She is one of the most hospitable ladies I have ever met and can entertain in a way that could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. She loves Jesus and she loves her family and it shows. She serves faithfully at our church and she cares for many who are very ill by sending them weekly reminders of her prayers. She can wield a camera with ease and take some seriously awesome photographs, some of which hang proudly on the walls of my house. Plus, she is one of the trendiest dressers in my circle of family and friends, which just ups her cool factor.
She is a doting mom to her two children and extends that sentiment to me and her son in law. She is a loving wife to her hubby. She is a devoted Grammy to my sweet niece and I can’t wait to see her with my kids one day. I love her dearly and hope to be just like her when I grow up!
Today is her birthday so today we get to celebrate her and remind her that indeed “Her children arise and call her blessed”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment