12.21.2010

girl's best friend

Meet Madeline Bell Thompson.

She is one of the loves of my life! I call her Maddie Bell. She technically belongs to my in-laws, but if anyone ever asks me if I have a dog I totally claim her as my own.  She is the sweetest dog I have ever met. She actually belonged to my hubby’s grandparents and was born and raised in Northern Michigan. Sadly, Andrew’s parents had to take her after his grandparents passed away. It was a really hard adjustment for Maddie. I’ll never forget the car ride to bring her home to Miami in May of 2004. I was instantly smitten with her and she took to me quickly. She was so confused and scared during that time.



2004-our younger years


I always gave her belly rubs and played with her and talked to her, maybe more than I normally would because I knew she was having such a hard time with the loss of Andrew’s grandparents and her original home. I go over to my in-laws as often as I can to see her and have been known to pick her up and bring her over to my house for the day. I love her. She is always so happy to see me and loves to just hang out.  If you know me well at all then you know that I talk about getting a dog ALL.THE.TIME. and one day Andrew will oblige and I will get my very own dog, but the truth is that Maddie will always be the one dog closest to my heart.

Today is her 10th birthday and yes, we celebrate it with presents and doggy ice cream.


*This picture and the first picture in this post were taken this summer in Manistee, MI where Madeline was born and raised. We brought her back to the lake house and she wanted to get down to the lake to play in the water within 10 minutes of arriving and she remembered her favorite napping spot behind the reading chair.


No comments: