Apparently Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol is not a children's movie.
It wasn't what I expected, but it was a good movie nonetheless. Just don't watch it with little, little ones. It airs on the scary side and it has adult themes that are very serious with A LOT of talking. Too much for young ones to care to listen to for a long period of time.
However, this movie...
is great for little, little ones!
For someone who doesn't have children yet, I love kids movies and books. Can being a teacher be a good enough excuse for watching Veggie Tales while wrapping Christmas presents? It was available on Netflix instant streaming and I wanted to have something festive on while I wrapped. Plus, I'm just a huge fan of the talking, Scripture quoting vegetables. What can I say...
This cartoon was ADORABLE and really funny. Plus, it gave us some history about the real Saint Nicholas that was largely based on fact. I read up on Wikipedia after I watched and I thought the writers did a pretty good job of telling as much fact as a child's attention span and understanding could absorb in 45 minutes. I also liked it for the way they explained Saint Nick's attachment to and love for Jesus as being the reason for his desire to give and to share with those in need. I give it two thumbs up. I say grab your little ones and a bowl of popcorn and cozy up on the couch with this one!


No comments:
Post a Comment