She and I became great friends in college. I can’t remember exactly how we met (Julia, can you? Was it that Speech class?), but I am pretty certain one of the first getting-to-know-you conversations took place in her car. I remember that I just really liked her from the very get go. She is super sweet, but the girl can pack a punch (figuratively speaking). She’s got some spunk in her! I could always count on her to get “worked up” whenever I told her how someone had done me wrong. She may have even uttered the words, “Girl will make me lose my witness” when faced with an encounter of someone who had hurt my feelings. It’s a good feeling to know you’ve got friends like her in your corner.
Maybe we both have some spunk in us…
She went with me to adopt Trinity. She actually encouraged me to do it. I am really grateful to her for pushing me because I can’t imagine not having my little Trin. A year later when Julia and I moved in together she and Trinity formed a special bond though Trinity would never admit it. Trinity would curl up in Julia’s lap and pass out, but the second I turned my key in the front door she would spring up and act as if she had been waiting by the door for hours. Julia and I used to joke about it.
Julia, Beth, and I lived together for two years and it was fantastic! It was so wonderful to come HOME to friends who felt more like family. Julia was a wonderful roomie. She was patient, honest, kind. She cared for me when I was sick and kept me company when I was lonely. We had so much fun together and I will always look fondly on that and part of me will always miss that time in our lives.
Julia brought the party to my bachelorette weekend. Allow these pictures to do the talking...
She and her mother came to the bridal shower I had in Tampa. I had no idea they were coming and I cried when they walked through the door.
We each were bridesmaids for the other.
One thing I will never forget about Julia is that she was always Andrew’s biggest fan from the very beginning. Not that my other great friends weren’t, but they were a bit more careful in giving their all out approval in light of the things I had been through. But Julia loved him for me right away.
Julia and I only get to see each other about once a year. I am hoping that will get to change soon as we will be moving closer. I know that I don’t tell her enough how much I miss her and how much I value her friendship!
This week was Julia’s birthday week. I hope you felt very loved and celebrated dear friend! I love you. Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Aw, what a sweet blog post....Happy Birthday to her!
Post a Comment