9.09.2011

happy birthday, friend!



7.18.07 203

I met Rachel through Andrew. Her husband, Brian, and Andrew went to law school together. She and Brian were an answer to prayer! I had been praying Andrew would find good friends while he was in law school because, hey, law school is rough! Andrew being a One L was tough enough, but I ended up in the hospital during his first semester. I was 4 hours away and Andrew had a hard time because he couldn’t be with me. Rachel and Brian invited him into their home on a regular basis and introduced him to one of the dearest church families EVER! They all really helped him through and made what could have been a really difficult time a pleasant one. 

I remember the very first time I met Rachel. It was actually over the phone. I was laying in a hospital bed. Andrew called me while he was at their house and I ended up talking to her, too. I instantly liked her. I thanked her for feeding him dinner every now and then, and I let her know how much she and Brian meant to me though we’d never met. 

12.29.06 027

The first time we met face to face we abandoned the boys and were in the car on the way to the mall within the first 10 minutes. I knew we’d be good friends. 

She is a wonderful friend. She threw me an amazing bachelorette weekend and bridal shower. She and Brian were both in our wedding. Every year for the last 4 years they have hosted us for an entire week while Andrew goes to a conference in the city they live in, which is always so much fun and so very generous and hospitable of them! They have 2 little boys who are ADORABLE and we have grown to love them quite a bit and enjoy spending time with them just as much as their parents. 

Rachel is the type of gal who has never met a stranger. She instantly makes you feel at ease and welcome. She is the most positive person I know. I honestly have a hard time recalling her complain about anything. I have a lot to learn from her in the attitude and use of speech department. She is stylish and classy. She can do it all -- amazing mama, great wife, good friend, successful business woman, decorator extraordinaire, and she can cook and sew to boot! I love spending time with her and I am so glad God blessed me with her for a friend.

resized

 Happy Birthday, sweet friend! Love you!

No comments: