I wish I had posted a week ago after Sonia had had her surgery because so much has happened since then. But I guess I’ll still start there after I say this, Sonia needs prayer so PLEASE keep them coming.
Last Wednesday Sonia went in for her surgery. We thought she had 2 holes in her heart, but it turned out she had 3 and also needed a valve repaired. She had an amazing surgeon who took a genuine interest in her and cared for her. He is a good man. He was able to fix her heart completely.
After surgery she spent 48 hours in ICU and was then moved to a “regular” room. At the hospital they said that was the best a patient could do. It was good news. Sonia slept a lot for three days and then she brightened up and was a very happy, smiley girl. She had/still has severe congestion and it’s hard to watch her drink a bottle or sleep when her breathing is so labored. Please pray that the congestion will clear.
Andrew and I spent Saturday night in the hospital with her. It was nice having him there and I adore the way she looks at him and enjoys his company.
Then on Monday she was released from the hospital.
Her host family had an illness in the family and did not want to take Sonia home with them because of the risk of infection. So I had the pleasure of taking her for the night. We had a blast and I have never seen her SO happy. Andrew got her to laugh twice and I just about melted.
{Seriously. These two iPhone pictures rank among my top favorite photos of all time. Precious!}
Then Tuesday I noticed she was uncomfortable. She winced a lot and I knew she was in pain. She fussed more than I’ve seen her fuss. And she slept a lot. By late afternoon she felt warm and I worried she had a fever. We took her back to her host family because all was well and lysoled in the home and they were anxious to have her back. But she had a rough night and Sonia had to go to the ER the next afternoon.
Her fever spiked to 103.5 and she has an infection near her incision site. Her congestion is just awful still. So I am really, really sad that she is back in the hospital, but I am so glad she will get breathing treatments and medicine to get her better. I hope and pray she won’t be there for very long.
So please pray for her. Pray for healing and comfort. Pray for her host family. Pray for people to be willing to spend time with her so that she will have someone there with her around the clock. Thank you for keeping up with her and for praying for her.
2 comments:
Praying with you for this sweet little one!! (What a blessing you are to her life!) <3 <3
Praying with you for this sweet little one! (What a blessing you are to her life!!)
I'm sure a lot has changed again already... look forward to more updates. <3
Post a Comment