This list is really important to me. I would like to tell you why. But I think Ann communicates it far better than I, so I will give you quotes from her book that I relate to so well. It was like she was talking about me, for me.
"...the list, it feels foreign, strange. Long, I am woman who speaks but one language, the language of the fall -- discontentment and self-condemnation, the critical eye and the never satisfied." -pg 46
"I almost don't see it, but Paul repeats it twice in only two sentences, so I don't miss it:
I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little." (Philippians 4:11-12)
I read it many times, groping for the latch.
There it is -- the secret to living joy in every situation, the full life of eucharisteo{grace. thanksgiving. joy.} Twice Paul whispers it: 'I have learned...' Learned. I would have to learn eucharisteo. Learn eucharisteo -- learn it to live fully." -pg 47
My default is to grumble and to complain. To cry out, "Why me?" in the most trivial of circumstances when I step back to really look at the bigger picture. So what changes a heart like that? This. This joy found in God's Word and in His Presence. His Grace. And my choosing to say, "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." for loving me and gifting me with sweet moments and terrible moments, both of which bring me to my knees and closer to His Heart.
But it's a fight
DISCLAIMER: Most of the pictures in this post were taken with an iPhone, and an old one at that, so the quality of most of these pictures is not so pretty. But it's the thought that counts.
180. - 228.
spending another night with Sonia at the hospital; playing with her; her smiles
His healing hand
friends in Miami
being home with Andrew after a night away
hearing how Trinity missed me & cried at the door when I didn't come home
feeling good about working out
Sonia finally released from the hospital
the pretty red cardinal on the gate
kitty cat in laundry basket
blogging about BSF
reflecting on Isaiah
cooking dinner
bringing dinner over to Sonia's host family and hanging out/playing with the whole family
inspiring blogs
feeling accomplished after filing and organizing
Trinity wanting to be held and her little cat kisses
catching up with Kellie and Jorge
cooking a new recipe well
dinner with our community group
"making his day" with one simple text
laughing and playing with Andrew
kissing on his lunch break
another nap with a sweet kitty in the crook of my arm
3 nights in a row of hanging out with great people/Kellie, Jorge, and Stacey came over tonight
catching up with Cynthia on the phone
waking up well rested
morning walk and talk with my love
washing dishes together
afternoon nap with the hubby
cooking those delicious potatoes again, together
Andrew surprising me with delicious grilled steak {and I thought he'd been grilling chicken}
warm and crispy chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk
finding lots of inspiration/ideas on Pinterest {may need intervention. gratitude turned prayer request. ha.}
smiles and laughter from the husband
another morning walk
school of minnows jumping because of a chase
singing at church
singing/praying Healer for Sonia
holding and feeding Sonia after church -- IN church!
a red, ripe, sweet{est} strawberry
another long walk and talk
going through "Tuesday's" questions
the light from a sunset bouncing off walls, windows, and water
a pink sunset
hearing and processing through a sermon {Grace Now} on a passage I never really understood
hearing and processing through a sermon {Grace Now} on a passage I never really understood




1 comment:
What a great list. Loving # 180. Beautiful.
Post a Comment