5.19.2011

the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook





I am linking up with Jessi over at Naptime Diaries today for another 1% Change. I cannot tell a lie. I fell into "the depths of despair" for one reason and another then totally fell off the bandwagon with my previous 1% Changes. But I am back at it and it feels good. On to the latest change/improvement...

Once a long, long time ago I read a chapter in Proverbs a day. One chapter for the corresponding day of the month. {Today is the 19th so this morning I read Chapter 19.} I loved it then, but once I completed the book I stopped.

Lately, I have been trying to figure out how to put God time first thing in the morning. The reason it has been so difficult for me is...  I have to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It's how my body rolls and I've got to go with it. It is what works for me. But if I get up and spend my usual time in The Word I end up stark raving mad with hunger and it makes the working out on an empty stomach kind of an issue. Plus I don't want to feel rushed through my quiet time to get to a work out. So here is where the Proverb a day comes in...

I can totally wake up, sit up in bed, read a chapter in Proverbs, pray a bit, and then work out. I feel like I have started my day in the right way on the right food and that I've got my priorities straight. Then I work out and listen to worship music while I get ready for the rest of the day. When I sit down for breakfast I go back and read the Bible again, sometimes I read the chapter in Proverbs a second time through and sometimes I read something different.  If there is time then I can do my Bible study/prayer time before I head out the door or I can come back to it later when I get home.

This routine really sets the tone for the whole day and I really, really like it. So this new routine is my 1% Change of late.  

 


 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet space you have here, Shannon!

Love your Proverb-a-day-change... aaaand I did the BSF thing too!! I was actually a children's leader for two years! I considered going back for Isaiah this year, but it was my first year of marriage, so I decided to let it be...

Anyway, I'll say a prayer for you and your 1% changes and trust He'll bring this work that He's started in you to completion!! <3