7.29.2011

back from the keys

009

With a view like that you can imagine how hard it was for us to leave! Andrew's family allowed us to stay at their home in the Keys for the weekend and it was the perfect get away! We had an awesome time with our friends!

The first night we were there we all cooked dinner together. Julie and I played it safe and followed a recipe for stuffed peppers that was D-to-the-licious. The boys on the other hand decided to play Bobby Flay and worked up their own concoction for their chicken. It all worked out splendidly and we ate to our hearts content and had left overs.

023


052

We also caught the sunset that night and it was beautiful! The sun literally set right in front of us on our own private beach. Incredible!

035


038


046

Friday morning we got up and headed south. We stopped at Bahia Honda State Park and did a little sight seeing and snorkeling. I am pretty certain Julie and I are the only individuals on the entire planet who could make friends with fish and become emotionally attached to them; therefore, it was entirely perfect that we were together making friends with our fish while the boys snorkeled into deeper waters that we were certain were shark infested deep waters. {At one point a family nearby saw a blue crab and started yelling to each other about it. Julie and I nearly had cardiac arrest because we thought they were yelling about a shark sighting and the guys were two little dots somewhere along the horizon. Oh my!}

After a morning at Bahia Honda, we headed down to Key West. I had never been and was so excited to go and see what the hype was all about. We had plans to spend all afternoon and into the night there. However, we had not accounted for the heat index spiking to over 100 degrees! We walked around quite a bit. Ate lunch. Checked out Peter Lik's art gallery. I got a picture at the Southern Most Point of the Continental U.S.A. {Something I've always wanted to do.} Ate some frozen chocolate covered key lime pie. Sweated more than I ever have in my life. Then called it a day because we were all so darn hot and uncomfortable. Next time we will go back down there in the Fall or Winter so that we can enjoy it more.

074

That night we enjoyed a Leo movie. Julie and I share a "love" for Leo that goes all the way back to his Growing Pains days. {Thank you to our dear sweet husbands who are confident in our love for them and allow us to watch our Leo and talk about him. We appreciate that. And we love you for it.}

The next day we just hung out on our beach and in the water for the entire day and it was wonderful!

099

Andrew deserved and needed this, and I was happy to look over and see him relaxing.

082



005

Vic and Andrew had a lot of time for catching up and talking while Julie and I had a lot of time for girl talk and getting to know each other better.

081

There was a lot of this over the weekend...




laughing

On our last night we played some Taboo and Scategories. Guys vs. the Girls. We shook on it and the playful competitive banter commenced. The guys won Taboo, but we totally creamed them in Scategories so we are even.

199

We had a great time and we made some great memories! Lyn Family, thank you for opening your home to us and allowing us to have such a good time in such a beautiful place. We can't express how much we appreciate it!

136