{Please excuse the lack of make-up here. Just focus on the cute baby.}
They will be taking her back to God’s Littlest Angels, the orphanage that she came from 3 months ago. They will stay with her for a few days to help her transition. The morning was fun. Andrew, Al, Lisa, and I joked around and talked quite a bit, while Sonia babbled, cooed, and smiled. We helped them to the boarding pass/luggage-check line. It seemed like a really long trek from the parking lot to the terminal. As we walked Sonia was all smiles and coos in my arms. I had trouble walking because I couldn’t take my eyes from hers. Somewhere along the way she fell asleep in my arms and I am so thankful she did. I think it made it so much easier to say goodbye. Al, Lisa, Sonia, and all their luggage got in line. We all hugged. I kissed the sleeping babe’s perfectly beautiful cheek. I turned around and practically sped through the crowd because I am not one of the lucky few who manage to cry pretty and the tears were coming quick and relentless.
I can’t wait to see the pictures and videos they bring back so that I can see what Sonia’s life is like in Haiti. I know the staff at the orphanage loves her and will take very good care of her; that is a huge comfort to me. I feel like crying constantly, but I keep talking myself out of it. I need to keep busy.
It just so happens that Andrew managed to work out a weekend get away with some of our best friends. It couldn’t have come at a more necessary time! We leave in a couple of hours and I am so excited. Vic and Andrew have been friends for years. {Most would say they are B.F.F., but guys don’t say that sort of thing.} Vic married Julie a year ago in Aruba and we were there to celebrate with them (pictured below). Julie is fabulous and I told Vic he had to marry her after sitting down with her for the first 5 minutes of our friendship several years ago.
Isn’t her dress amazing!? Just stunning. Vic, you done good.
I feel very blessed to call them friends and I love them both dearly. We have talked about going on a vacation together for some time now, and this weekend we finally get to do it!
I need a distraction from Sonia's departure. I am sure I will still have my moments when we get down to the Keys, but I think friends, sun, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter will certainly help to begin to mend my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment