3.30.2011

she got hitched



It's official. My little sister is a Mrs. She and her husband are quite literally a match made in heaven. They met on a mission trip when she visited El Salvador. Then a few months later he was here interning and working with the middle school kids when she was a small group leader for the middle school girls at church. They began dating and so began a romance that would be tested with distance and time. God saw to it to bring them together and He saw to it to grow them together despite the Gulf of Mexico standing between them. They went through an entire year without seeing one another in order to save up for the visa paperwork and wedding. The day we got to pick J up from the airport is one that will always be sealed on my heart. I am so proud of them and happy for them.

My husband and I, along with friends and family worked all weekend to make their wedding a true celebration of their love for one another and our love for them. It was worth all the sweat, tears, and lack of sleep and I would do it all over again in a second. In the process of the last several weeks I have learned that I could be a wedding planner, make-up artist, florist, etc. and that I have THEE BEST family (including my sweet in-laws) and friends a girl could ask for. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from my little sister's wedding day!

Isn't it just gorgeous!?




Two of the lovely bridesmaids. An honorary sister and the youngest sister all dolled up. I love these girls!

I was so proud of both of my sisters that day. K married a great guy and didn't settle or compromise. And as the maid of honor, S did such a fantastic job reading the verses during the ceremony and giving a toast during the reception. She has grown into such a lovely young lady. She is beautiful from the inside out. She and her best friend, our honorary sister, did some serious prep work with me and they gave up an entire Saturday and Sunday which is usually devoted to homework to make the wedding an event for our family to remember. You girls rock! For real!
Our mom made the cake!


Such a sweet moment. So glad my husband snapped it.


K and J, I am honored to have had the privilege of helping you coordinate your wedding day. You are so dear to me. I love you two lovebirds and I am so happy for you!

No comments: