3.22.2011

my favorite baby girl and little man: part two


After many months of anticipation, excitement, and prayer, Lucas Peter was born at 7:56am on Monday March 14, 2011, weighing in at 9 pounds even and 20.5 inches long.


His mom is a trooper and a rockstar. After bringing him into this world she and Lucas' proud daddy welcomed both of their extended families into the hospital room so we could love on them and their sweet son.








I did one of the things I do best and gave him his birthday present and promptly read him my favorite parts. (I start this out young so that throughout the years they come to know and expect a book for each gift giving occasion. His aunt is an avid reader and teacher. Would you expect any different?)


Uncle Andrew and Aunt Sha-Sha did their part in keeping this Cutie Pie entertained while the family did their part in visiting and fawning over Lucas.



Big sister practiced her taking-care-of-my-little-brother skills.


And she drew a few pictures.



Lucas and his big sister got to know each other a bit more.


The rest of these pictures need no explanations. I have a nephew! And I love love love him!




2 comments:

Harley May said...

At first I thought this was your baby, Shannon! So glad I found your blog. I miss you!

yourstruly said...

I miss you too! We are in your neck of the woods often and I miss seeing you at church! Now I can read your blog and keep up with you that way. Yay! :)