3.15.2011

my favorite baby girl and little man: part one


On Friday morning we got up bright and early to go see this little one. I adore her. She is the smartest, most charming 18 month old on the planet and I can assure you that just because she calls me Aunt Sha-Sha does not mean I am one bit biased. ;)

We spent some time with my sister-in-law and her family just before they welcomed their first son into the world. We had a great time! She and I did a little shopping and got our nails done while the boys watched the Cutie Pie. It was great spending time alone, just us girls, and I was reminded again of how grateful I am that she really is one of my best friends and is like a real sister to me. It makes family time that more special and downright fun!

While we hung around this weekend in anticipation of Little Man's arrival we did quite a bit of playing.


Learning and teaching letters; now that's some exciting stuff!




We already share a love for reading. This makes Aunt Sha-Sha proud!



"I'm gonna get you" - one of their favorite games. (I wish I could bottle the laughter it creates.)



We leave the rough housing to the boys. Stickers are more Aunt Sha-Sha's thing.


Experiencing the playground through the eyes of a toddler. Her imagination and enthusiasm are precious.




Over the weekend there was a lot of practicing for Little Man. She took care of her baby doll so sweetly and gently. It was darling to watch her. She is going to be such a great big sister!

2 comments:

Kathryn Brannan said...

I enjoyed reading about your weekend. Your niece is so very cute. I look forward to hearing about your new nephew, Shannon!

The Gonzalez Family said...

I love this post! And I love you! See you soon! B