1.24.2011

walk it out

I am an inconsistent blogger. I have had at least 10 things I have wanted to blog about in the last 2 weeks and have not made the time to do so. ::Sigh:: I realize that all I am really blogging about are friends and family for the birthday shout outs and I'm going to keep that going regardless of how much or how little I blog about other stuff because the friends and the family are the most important. With that said....




La and me on her last day in Florida

Yesterday my dear friend, Lauren, celebrated her birthday. I was in Florida. She was all the way out in California. Sad, but true facts. When she first lived her in the 305, she moved in with my in-laws for a time until she could find a place and a roommate. We had never met, but I was hoping and praying we would be friends. I was quite lonely in the big city I live in. I needed a good, close girl friend. I will never forget meeting her in the driveway as we helped her unload her car and made small talk. I knew it instantly. She was the friend I had prayed for and would quickly grow to love. Those 2 years flew by and before we knew it, she was moving across the country, but I will always be so grateful to the Lord for blessing me with her presence in my life.

 She is one of the strongest women I know, and for as much junk as the girl has had to face in her life she is one of the most positive and encouraging gals I know too. She moved away almost a year ago and I miss her everyday. She was my Starbucks date on a weekly basis for a long time. We poured our hearts out over hot chocolates and soy lattes. We shared many a tear and a laugh. We still do that these days over the phone, but I could go for a good La hug right now! She's taught me a lot about perseverance and strength. She is a great friend to many. She has taught me a lot about friendship and a lot about what conflict should look like from a godly perspective, something which I think is pretty hard to grasp. She loves the Lord and she loves people. And I love her!

Hope your birthday was a happy one, sweet friend!

  

Me, La, and Ellie


No comments: