1.07.2011

chivalry is not dead


Last week my husband and I celebrated our anniversary. Christmas time is extra special for us because we totally fell for each other during our Christmas break Junior year in college. So this time of year I get really sentimental. (I am taking down the Christmas tree this afternoon and oh, so sad about it!) We have been married for 3 years and 3 years ago we were married on the 5 year anniversary of the night he told me how he felt about me. I love him. He is not perfect, but I think that he is as close to perfect as they can come. He is the kindest, most gentle and patient man I have ever known. He loves me when I do not deserve it. He knows what to say and do to crack a smile out of me on the darkest days. He has supported me in one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make this year and continues to do so on the days I doubt that it was the right one. He is a good friend to me. One of the things that I love the most about him is that he never hesitates to grab my hand and pray with me, sometimes for me, and those moments are the most precious to me. The moments when the man I love the most here on this earth leads me and ushers me into the presence of the Savior I love most of all.

Marriage is a blessing, no doubt, but it is hard work! It isn't easy being so vulnerable. It isn't easy being so honest. It isn't easy seeing the worst in yourself when you look in the mirror and see how selfish you can be; something I am convinced is necessary and that marriage will show you consistently. But it is worth the work! I am married to a great guy and I am so glad we get to work through and do life together.

1 comment:

Eva said...

aw, hope you had a good anniversary :)
Christmas is a soft spot in my marriage too, we started dating in January, four years ago. Now married for a year and a 1/2! :)

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com