10.03.2012

domestic goddess, i am not


cleaning

…but I would really like to be. My husband works really hard. His job is busy and stressful. (Whose isn’t, right?) And my job is…well, I don’t have one (thank you, honey). So, I’d like to make it my job to make our house a sanctuary for him to come to after a long day in the office. The last 4 months have been ROUGH. And let’s face it, before that things were definitely better around the house with my not working 24/7 and all, but there was still a ton of room for improvement. For four months we have been living in complete and total chaos. We moved in, found out I was pregnant and then I began hugging the porcelain throne all day, everyday for a solid 10 weeks. Shortly after that I had a flare up with the Crohn’s Disease and was down for the count again. These last two weeks I have finally had energy! A long lost friend! And I am finally ready to unpack those boxes and purge pretty much, oh…you know…like, half of our belongings since we have lived without them anyway for 4 months! And I want to scrub, clean, and disinfect every square inch of our home, too. (Nesting anyone?) So, imagine my excitement this last week when I was reading Real Simple magazine and stumbled across their cleaning guide! Um, a girl like me needs guidance like that. I once told my mother-in-law that I just wanted to watch her clean the house because, seriously people, I feel clueless. Judge away. It is what it is and I’m just being totally honest here. 


So this has lead to me creating a Pinterest board devoted to cleaning and pinning cleaning products onto a Pinterest board like a total dork. I can’t afford to go on a cleaning shopping spree {oh! That would be fun.} and I will definitely forget the things I read about this week just days from now. So pin away I will. I’m going to try to purchase the products a little at a time until I have an arsenal of the best cleaning products on the market today. I mean, a godess of any kind must have the best of things in order to qualify and I am determined to be deemed as such! I have not been able to open up our new home to guests. I have feared a random, unexpected knock on the door because of the chaos, dust, and downright messiness. I was disheartened by that because I really want our house to be a place where people always feel welcome. So I am pleased to say that the house is finally well on it’s way to being a haven! Stop on by for a drink and a visit. Just be sure to use a coaster because I just wiped down the coffee table. ;)  


***This post is really, really old. I just found it the other day and realized I had written it 4/5 months ago and then forgot about it completely. Thought I would still post it for fun.***


No comments: