12.12.2011

time away

We are entering a really crazy time in our lives. Andrew and I discuss daily how difficult this next month or two is going to be and what we can do to be efficient and manage our time wisely. This past weekend marked the first of 4 trips for us this month. During the holiday season. In the month that we are relocating to a new city. There were moments this weekend that I appreciated so very much and that I feel so blessed for having. Then there were moments I saw how much I had to learn about myself and marriage and the quality of my character. {More on that at the end}

This weekend we spent time with great friends and found out that it takes 9 minutes and 27 seconds to walk from their front door to the one we will call our own by the end of this week. (Yep, we close on our first house THIS Friday, but won’t move in for a few more weeks.} We also went to Andrew’s firm Christmas party and it was lovely. I was able to meet several of his new colleagues and I had a wonderful time sharing a meal with them. He has been so blessed with a great job and great people to work with on a daily basis! We can honestly say they are all fabulous people! {No quirky Dwight Schrutes in their midst.}

And we even got to spend time with family because Cutie Pie and Little Man came into town for a visit. {Special thanks to their mama and daddy for making the drive. We enjoyed our time with you two as well!} I cannot explain to you how much good it does my heart to spend time with these two little ones. Cutie Pie had a blast riding the ferry and the train with Aunt Sha Sha, and truth be told, I think it was more fun for me and a memory forever etched onto my heart. It’s the little things, ya know? Combine that with a smile from Little Man specifically for me and I am just filled to the brim with real joy. I love those kids!

lex on drews shoulder

|| I could not for anything get rid of the red-eye in this picture even though I tried 3 different editing software programs. I had to include it because you can clearly see the fun they were having. ||

Now for the ugly part. For the most part, Andrew and I had some great times just the two of us with lots of laughs and smiles and all around good times. However, this weekend I also realized how selfish and self centered I really am because I allowed the pressure of this month to bare down on me so much that I was not always nice to Andrew when we discussed the move and the busyness and the schedule for the month. When he didn’t see it my way it was the highway. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I know I have said stuff like this before…about him being nice and me being downright mean. So clearly I’ve got a lot to learn about marriage and patience and loving in general. And he would tell you the same thing about himself. I am grateful that he has that kind of attitude about it. To be honest, I know what gets me in trouble; it’s not starting my day in the Word and consistently meditating on it and praying throughout the day. It never fails. The days I wake up and get right to it are the days I see life differently and I love people better and I can handle the things that aren’t part of my plan. I know that the busier and more stressful life is, the more I need to stop and stand before the Lord. Praying that I take my own advice!

No comments: