To be perfectly honest, there aren’t many friends or acquaintances that I have talked to about their sisters-in-law that can say how much they treasure being family now or go even further in saying that they would consider them to be dear friends. That is why I feel extremely blessed to be able to say both of those things about mine.
Now we are very much alike in many ways and very different in others, so it took us awhile to figure out how to relate to one another and form a bond. When we first met, Becky was extremely cautious of me and kept her distance, while I tried my hardest to become BFFs at a rate of 0-60 in 4 seconds flat. A major difference between the two of us right there. I cannot blame her; I was after all her brother’s first girlfriend and she loves him dearly and wanted to be sure I was right for him and their family before she herself got too close. Plus, she chooses her friends very carefully and wisely {one reason why I feel so honored to be one of them now}, and my lets-be-best-friends-because-I-can-tell-I-really-like-you-after-5-minutes personality was a little much for her. {Sorry, Beck, for my pushiness back then and thanks for forgiving me of it!}
[ the two of us with our first “babies” many moons ago]
I don’t remember exactly when it was we really started clicking, but I just know I am so very glad that we did! I love her so much! She is quiet and I’m loud. I talk too much and too soon, while she chooses her words wisely. There are times when I wonder how on earth she puts up with me given how differently we operate, but she finds it in herself to do so and she loves me in spite of my crazy. She’s a fabulous listener and a great encourager when I tell her of my woes and fears. She is my favorite shopping buddy. I look forward to summers and holiday seasons when I know we will be in the same city for days or weeks at a time. When that happens, I try my hardest to see her everyday. And yes, she is the mother of Cutie Pie and Little Man so part of me wants to see them every chance I can get, but honestly I cherish my time with her too.
She has always been an extremely strong person. Often times I wonder if she realizes how strong she is because I don’t think she gives herself enough credit! She is an awesome teacher and I love talking teacher stuff with her. She is an amazing mommy and I have learned sooooooooo much from watching her with my niece and nephew and hearing her talk about motherhood and parenting. She loves Jesus and I thank Him on the regular for making us sisters and friends, and for also giving us a firm foundation in Him to deepen our friendship because I consider her one of my best.
Today is her birthday and I really wish that I could be there to celebrate with her {and catch a showing of Breaking Dawn part 1 too}. I love you dearly, my sister and my friend. Praying that you feel very loved and appreciated today and that this year is full of blessing and joy!
2 comments:
Thank you so much. You are so kind and I love you, too. Pretty sure we bonded over... Target... enough said!
Of course! It was totally Target! :)
Post a Comment