My dad has a name for it. He calls it, "The Keys Disease". I have it bad. I wrote the message below in the sand and at the time I wasn't sure if I was speaking it to my husband or to that sweet, salt air and soft sand.
We went back with my sister and her husband. We arrived just in time for sunset and it was beautiful.
Each day we hung out on the beach and in the sand bar. Each night we played games and watched the beginnings of Shark Week {which seemed appropriate, but not at the same time given our surroundings during the day}.
I learned that my brother-in-law could do this...
and that my sister has the teeniest bit of a mean streak...
One morning we went to this adorable place called the Midway Cafe for breakfast. Midway because while you dine or shop you will be 80 miles from Miami and 80 miles from Key West. It was delicious, and the ambiance was fabulous. I wanted to go there {still want to} every single day for breakfast. If you find yourself near Mile Marker 80 you should definitely check it out.
Kellie tried their coffee and thought it was delish. They roast their own beans!
Did I also mention that I wanted every single thing I saw in the gift shop including the art on the walls!? And this sweet, little sign...
On our way down to the house we passed a used bookstore and I was dying to go in! So we took a few minutes to meander through the shelves and shelves of old books. I found quite the treasure! A teen romance novel from 1948. Jean Craig Finds Romance. I cannot wait to read it and see how the times have changed! I'll have to post a picture of the book.
We then went back to the house and got out to the water where we spent the rest of the day. The guys threw the Frisbee around for a bit while Kellie and I read.
We found several hermit crabs and I just loved checking them out. I am sure it was not a shared affection. I made sure they were put right back where I found them.
Then we found this guy...
and I screamed a bit and laughed at myself a lot.
He was really quite beautiful, and I instantly regretted that one time I ate crab legs and vowed never to do it again.
The next morning was perfection. Serene, gorgeous bliss. Andrew and I enjoyed the quiet company as we sat out there together with our books. I don't think anything could make me more happy or content then to be on the beach with a book.
That particular morning happened to be Kellie's birthday so we wrote a message for her in the sand.
Then while she and Jorge enjoyed the quiet morning, Andrew and I went inside to whip up a batch of birthday cinnamon rolls.
We had a wonderful weekend. I am so sad we aren't there right now. Keys Disease indeed!
1 comment:
You are so cute!! All your pictures made me either smile or laugh out loud...especially the frisbee editing. Aren't sister pics on the beach always the best?
Post a Comment