2.09.2011

sweet retreat

I am in Orlando this week with my dear friend, Beth. She called a few weeks ago asking if I would be up for an adventure...her husband would be leaving on a business trip for a week and she was not looking forward to being home alone with her two very young (and very adorable, i might add) boys...she wanted to know if I would be up for staying with them to help her out and keep her company. I sat and thought it over for 1.3 seconds and then said, heck yes! Could I turn her down? Not only was she offering me a few days to spend with her, but I would also get to love on her boys...so for me, a girl who needs deep conversations and good laughs and a baby fix...it couldn't have been a better offer. There is just something about spending quality time with someone who knows your history so well and who you can be real with no matter what the topic. And there is something really amazing in spending time with a sweet friend's children. These kids were the very same kids we talked about way back in our freshman year of college when we talked about our hopes and dreams for the future. And ten years later I get to dance with them on my feet, sing songs to them and help them put their shoes on. Nothing else like it, and no words good enough to describe the feeling. I love being here with them! And the funniest part is that she thinks she has to find some way to repay me to show me her appreciation! Beth, consider the way E says my name and the way Noah smiles at me thanks enough! When does your hubby leave for business again?

No comments: