4.02.2009

amid uncertainties

The last few days have been different. It's hard to put a word at the end of that sentence. I don't really know that I could find the right one. Circumstances have altered and I've had to think about life and how quickly the life I know now could change. In a heartbeat.

I am so relieved that while I might be frivolous when it comes to the way I choose to spend my time my Creator is never off the clock. I want to be more conscious about what I do with my days and why. I have feared so much lately that I am just wasting my life. The clock ticks louder and louder. And I think about the purpose I'm not serving by ignoring the ticking.

God's been really good to me. Christ continually serves me. The Spirit continually feeds me. But I don't notice. I don't really take it in.

The truth is that if my life changes drastically, the hours I wasted watching TV, the hours I wasted jealously perusing facebooks of aquaintences, and the hours spent thinking about prioritizing won't make a bit of difference.

There's only one thing that is going to make a bit of difference when all things as I know them fall away.

There's this girl, Brook Fraser. I am obsessed with her music. Every song on her CD is practically my soul's anthem. The song for me today is this:

No comments: